Come ride with us as we travel through the breathtaking landscapes of Chianti area and into the wilderness. Rev your engine and get ready for an exciting 4×4 adventure you will never forget. Feel the speed, get dirty, and experience a truly unique way to see the beauty of Chianti aboard our 4×4 vehicles.
- Pick up at the central station of Florence (Santa Maria Novella) at 8:00 a.m. for onward transportation to our offices in Castellina in Chianti where you will receive an English-language welcome briefing and an overview of the day’s highlights.
- Departure aboard our Jeep around 10:00 a.m. for onward transportation of around 15-20 minutes to the first wine cellar on our tour: Brancaia, which is located near Castellina in Chianti. Brancaia is a global brand that has gained worldwide notoriety due to the high quality of the wines it produces. We will spend around 90 minutes at Brancaia, during which you will have an opportunity to tour the cellar and learn how the famous wines of this highly reputable brand are produced. Your expert guides will start by providing you with an overview of the location and the history of Brancaia before taking you on a tour of the cellars and production facilities. You will have an opportunity to learn about the winemaking process, fermentation, cellaring and aging. Your expert local guides will be delighted to answer any questions you have.
- After visiting the vineyard, you will enjoy a delicious tasting experience around a congenial table on a panoramic terrace that offers spellbinding views of the vineyards. While you sample the seven wines of Brancaia, olive oils, and the grapes of the vineyards, your expert guide will teach you about the wines and the wine-tasting process.
- Once the tasting session is complete, we will progress to the next stop on our tour: the wine cellar of Lilliano, where we will arrive between 12:00 and 12:30. The wine cellar of Lilliano, which is located on the Prince Ruspoli Berlingeri property, can be traced back 1000 years to medieval times. Inside, you can still see the vats and instruments that were used to produce wine during the antiquity period. Once you have toured the cellars and learned about Lilliano’s wines, you will once again have an opportunity to taste five of the wines of this famous brand.
- At around 13:30-13:45, we will carry on to the last stop of our tour, the Piaggia farm, a historic vineyard located near Castellina in Chianti that can be traced back to 1918. Here, you will be welcomed like a member of the family and have a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the joyful and relaxing atmosphere on offer at this local Tuscan farm. Piaggia’s expert staff will take you on a guided tour of the farm and cellar and introduce you to some of the instruments the vineyard uses to produce wine. Many of these resources, including the staved wood vat, manual iron pump, and grape press, have been in use for decades.
- Upon completion of the tour, you will enjoy a light lunch of Tuscan mixed Antipasto of crostini and bruschetta before tucking into a homemade main dish followed by cheese tasting, dessert, and a delicious dessert wine. Lunch will be accompanied by an opportunity to taste three of the farm’s wines.
- After lunch, we will return to Castellina in Chianti, where you will have a chance to explore the historical center of Tuscany before we return you to the pick-up location at Santa Maria Novella.
THIS IS THE IDEAL EXPERIENCE FOR PEOPLE WHO LOVE BEING IMMERSED IN NATURE AND WHO WISH TO DISCOVER THE TRUE CHIANTIThis is an authentic experience for the wild and courageous. Presenting the perfect combination of culture and nature, we will take you on an expert guided tour of the best wineries of the area via incredible photo-inspiring landscapes and stunning classic architecture. Chianti produces millions of cases of wine every year and some of the most celebrated red wine in the world. Join us as we discover the secrets of the best of the best. This tour provides much more than dining and discovering fine wines in Tuscany. It provides you with an ideal opportunity to get to the roots of Tuscany through its most famous ingredients and traditions.
PRICES, DEPOSITS, AND PAYMENTS:
Price for this private tour is 350 USD per person for a group between 2 and 4 guests.
Price for this private tour is 300 USD per person for a group between 5 and 8 guests.
Deposits and balance of payments are accepted by bank transfer or credit card via Paypal.
For all the private tours, you can book through email at [email protected] or you can contact Matteo at +61 404572020 or +39 3406269692.
A payment of the tour indicates an acceptance of all the conditions.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES:
Pick up in Florence at 9:00 a.m. The tour is a 6 hours tour. It starts at 10:00 am and it ends at 4:00 pm.
Check the departure time from and to Rome and Florence’s station: www.trenitalia.com
We advice to book the tour at least 2 days in advance.
Our tour groups have been designed for a group of no more than 8 people per tour to ensure that client needs and enjoyment is always our top priority. Minimum of participants: 2 people.
INCLUDED IN TOUR COST:
1 Professional bi-lingual tour guide for the whole time to assist you for any issue.
2 Food and wine tasting to all the wineries
3 Lunch with 3 courses to a local Tuscany farm
4 pick up and drop off from the central station of Florence
5 Transport by a 4x4 for the whole tour
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN TOUR COST
All items not detailed in inclusions
All transfers other than to the local train station
– Children must be accompanied by an adult
– Minimum age is 18 years
– Adult pricing applies to all travelers
– May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
– Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
– A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
– Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
– A maximum of 8 people per booking
– Not recommended for pregnant women
– Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
– Not wheelchair accessible
– Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.