Vernaccia di San Gimignano is regarded as one the best wines of the Tuscan region. This special day tour will let you sample this world-renowned wine and learn more about the San Gimignano region.
This fantastic one-day San Gimignano wine tour is dedicated to La Tuscan wine and the perfect trip for any wine lover.
Our bilingual driver and guided tour manager will pick you up at Platform 16 of the Central Train Station of Florence at 9:00 am.
Then we will drive around the Tuscan countryside of San Gimignano and Castelvecchio National Park. You'll have an opportunity to sample stunning wines and delicious food at an organized local wine tasting at two of the great wineries that are run by local families. At both, you'll get to see the vineyard and learn more from the local wine makers.
The fame of La Vernaccia is connected to its region of origin, San Gimignano - an ancient Tuscan hill town known for its medieval towers.
The Vernaccia wine grape is mentioned as early as 1276 in San Gimignano's records and Dante's Divine Comedy. Its name is thought to originate from the word 'Vernaculum', which means 'of the place'. It is the etymological root of the English word 'vernacular.'
In the afternoon, we will progress to the beautiful medieval town of San Gimignano, where you can have some free time to explore this stunning Tuscan town and get a typical Tuscan lunch.
San Gimignano is famous for its fascinating medieval architecture and lofty towers from which visitors can enjoy impressive views of the city and the surrounding valley.
Your Tuscany day tour finishes at 5:00 pm when our driver will take you back to Santa Maria Novella Train Station in Florence.
- Explore the stunning medieval village of San Gimignano
- Wine tasting of the prestigious Tuscany white wine La Vernaccia, which is the only Tuscany white wine with a D.O.G.C denomination
- Experience a traditional Tuscany lunch with a local winemaker
- Learn more about Chianti Senese red wine
- Enjoy the day with an intimate, small group tour
PRICES, DEPOSITS, AND PAYMENTS
Price for this private tour is 350 USD per person for a group of between 2 and 4 guests.
Price for this private tour is 300 USD per person for a group of between 5 and 8 guests.
Deposits and balance of payments are accepted by bank transfer or credit card via Paypal.
For all the private tours, you can book through email at [email protected] or you can contact Matteo at +61 404572020 or +39 3406269692
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES:
Pick up at the central station of Florence, platform number 16 at 9:00 a.m. The tour is 9 hours long.
We advise booking the tour at least 2 days in advance.
Our tour groups have been designed for a group of no more than 8 people per tour to ensure that client needs and enjoyment are always our top priority. Minimum of participants: 2 people.
INCLUDED IN TOUR COST:
- 2 winery visits with wine tasting
- Lunch in one winery
- Private transfer with professional local bilingual driver
- Pick up and drop off from the assigned meeting point
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN TOUR COST
- All items not detailed in inclusions
- Personal spending
- All transfers other than to the local train station
– Minimum age is 18 years
– Adult pricing applies to all travelers
– May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
– Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
– A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
– Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
– A maximum of 8 people per booking
– Not recommended for pregnant women
– Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
– Not wheelchair accessible
– Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.