Come ride with us as we travel through the breathtaking landscapes of Chianti area and into the wilderness. Rev your engine and get ready for an exciting 4×4 adventure you will never forget. Feel the speed, get dirty, and experience a truly unique way to see the beauty of Chianti aboard our 4×4 vehicles.
- Pick up at the central station of Florence (Santa Maria Novella) at 8:00 a.m. for onward transportation to our offices in Castellina in Chianti where you will receive an English-language welcome briefing and an overview of the day’s highlights.
- Departure aboard our Jeep around 10:00 a.m. for onward transportation of around 15-20 minutes to the first wine cellar on our tour: Brancaia, which is located near Castellina in Chianti. Brancaia is a global brand that has gained worldwide notoriety due to the high quality of the wines it produces. We will spend around 90 minutes at Brancaia, during which you will have an opportunity to tour the cellar and learn how the famous wines of this highly reputable brand are produced. Your expert guides will start by providing you with an overview of the location and the history of Brancaia before taking you on a tour of the cellars and production facilities. You will have an opportunity to learn about the winemaking process, fermentation, cellaring and aging. Your expert local guides will be delighted to answer any questions you have.
- After visiting the vineyard, you will enjoy a delicious tasting experience around a congenial table on a panoramic terrace that offers spellbinding views of the vineyards. While you sample the seven wines of Brancaia, olive oils, and the grapes of the vineyards, your expert guide will teach you about the wines and the wine-tasting process.
- Once the tasting session is complete, we will progress to the next stop on our tour: the wine cellar of Lilliano, where we will arrive between 12:00 and 12:30. The wine cellar of Lilliano, which is located on the Prince Ruspoli Berlingeri property, can be traced back 1000 years to medieval times. Inside, you can still see the vats and instruments that were used to produce wine during the antiquity period. Once you have toured the cellars and learned about Lilliano’s wines, you will once again have an opportunity to taste five of the wines of this famous brand.
- At around 13:30-13:45, we will carry on to the last stop of our tour, the Piaggia farm, a historic vineyard located near Castellina in Chianti that can be traced back to 1918. Here, you will be welcomed like a member of the family and have a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the joyful and relaxing atmosphere on offer at this local Tuscan farm. Piaggia’s expert staff will take you on a guided tour of the farm and cellar and introduce you to some of the instruments the vineyard uses to produce wine. Many of these resources, including the staved wood vat, manual iron pump, and grape press, have been in use for decades.
- Upon completion of the tour, you will enjoy a light lunch of Tuscan mixed Antipasto of crostini and bruschetta before tucking into a homemade main dish followed by cheese tasting, dessert, and a delicious dessert wine. Lunch will be accompanied by an opportunity to taste three of the farm’s wines.
- After lunch, we will return to Castellina in Chianti, where you will have a chance to explore the historical center of Tuscany before we return you to the pick-up location at Santa Maria Novella.
THIS IS THE IDEAL EXPERIENCE FOR PEOPLE WHO LOVE BEING IMMERSED IN NATURE AND WHO WISH TO DISCOVER THE TRUE CHIANTIThis is an authentic experience for the wild and courageous. Presenting the perfect combination of culture and nature, we will take you on an expert guided tour of the best wineries of the area via incredible photo-inspiring landscapes and stunning classic architecture.Chianti produces millions of cases of wine every year and some of the most celebrated red wine in the world. Join us as we discover the secrets of the best of the best.This tour provides much more than dining and discovering fine wines in Tuscany. It provides you with an ideal opportunity to get to the roots of Tuscany through its most famous ingredients and traditions.
PRICES, DEPOSITS, AND PAYMENTS:Price for this private tour start from USD 197,00 per person with a group of minimum 8 participants.For a groups of 6 participants the price is USD 212,00 per person.For a group of 4 participants the price is USD 229,00 per person.For a couple the price is USD 250,00 per person.Deposits and balance of payments are accepted by bank transfer or credit card via Paypal.For all the private tours, you can book through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact Matteo at +61 404572020 or +39 0621118983. A payment of the tour indicates an acceptance of all the conditions.ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES:Pick up at Florence central station at 8:00 a.m. at the platform number 16. The tour is a 8 hours tour. It starts at 10:00 am and it ends at 6:00 pm.Check the departure time from and to Rome and Florence’s station: www.trenitalia.comWe advice to book the tour at least 2 days in advance.TOUR GROUPS:Our tour groups have been designed for a group of no more than 8 people per tour to ensure that client needs and enjoyment is always our top priority. Minimum of participants: 2 people.INCLUDED IN TOUR COST:1 Professional bi-lingual tour guide for the whole time to assist you for any issue.2 Food and wine tasting to all the wineries3 Lunch with 3 courses to a local Tuscany farm4 pick up and drop off from the central station of Florence5 Transport by a 4x4 for the whole tour WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN TOUR COSTAll items not detailed in inclusionsPersonal spendingAll transfers other than to the local train stationAdditional info:– Children must be accompanied by an adult – Minimum age is 21 years – Adult pricing applies to all travelers – May be operated by a multi-lingual guide – Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking – A minimum of 2 people per booking is required – Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund – A maximum of 8 people per booking – Not recommended for pregnant women – Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair – Not wheelchair accessible – Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
TOUR GROUPS:Our tour groups have been designed for a group of no more than 8 people per week to ensure that client needs and enjoyment is always our top priority.CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS:If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.The value of the transaction may be subject to taxes, duties, foreign transaction, currency exchange or other fees.COST/EXCHANGE RATES:Prices and tariffs quoted for the tours are subject to change without notice in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, such as significant currency fluctuations.INSURANCE:You are required to purchase your own travel insurance to cover cancellation coverage, airline tickets, trip delay, lost luggage or any potential medical expenses, personal accident and sickness, emergency repatriation and personal liability. It is advisable to take specific cover for ambulance through the respective State ambulance providers or through their own private health insurance. Please note that travellers on Tuscany Untouched tours must have comprehensive travel insurance. We will require evidence including policy number, insurers name and emergency contact number before we finalise your booking.STRENUOUS WALKINGMost medieval towns were built as hilltop fortifications, so you will find some challenging climbs. There is a lot of walking on our tours and you will spend a lot of time on your feet while sightseeing. Age is not important as long as you are physically fit and a strong walker. Our tours are not suited for anyone who has problems with knees, back, heart or obesityPRICES:Our recommended tours and dates, as listed on our web site, are guaranteed once a booking is confirmed. Your additional expenses will be for non-included meals, moderate tipping where appropriate, and personal sightseeing or shopping.LIMIT OF LIABILITY:No responsibility is accepted for any loss, expense, accident, injury, or damage to any person or property due to the actions or omissions of any person, or any cause, including but not limited to acts of God, acts of terrorism, war, strikes, defects in machinery, breakdown of equipment, weather, quarantine, negligence, loss of baggage, or other causes beyond our control, such losses being the responsibility of the guest.MEMBERSHIP ON TOUR:Tuscany Untouched Pty Ltd reserves the right to accept, reject, or not retain any person as a tour participant whose condition or general deportment impedes the operation of the tour or, in the opinion of the tour manager, affects the rights and enjoyment of other guests. A guest not retained on tour shall have no cause for complaint or refund, and shall bear any and all extra expenses that ensue.TOUR CHANGES:All information on this website is, to the best of our knowledge, correct. However, we reserve the right to make changes in accommodations, visits, and itineraries at any time should it become necessary or desirable. Delays or itinerary changes caused by strikes, bad weather, traffic, or other unforeseen circumstances are beyond our control and we are not obliged to pay guests compensation.STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIESJust a reminder that travel on Tuscany Untouched trip requires a degree of flexibility, and you should understand that the trip’s route, accommodation and modes of transport are subject to change without prior notice due to local circumstances. Should Tuscany Untouched PTY LTD deem it advisable to amend an itinerary for any reason, it may do so by shortening, varying or re-routing any trip. These changes are binding and additional expenses will be charged to you if the reason for any alteration is outside Tuscany Untouched’ control.While travelling with Tuscany Untouched you agree to accept the authority of the leader at all times. You are aware that travel within a group may involve compromise to accommodate the diverse desires and physical abilities of group members. You understand that Tuscany Untouched reserves the right to decline, accept, or retain any person as a member of the group at any time. To the best of Tuscany Untouched’s knowledge, these third parties are qualified to perform the duties they are contracted to perform. However Tuscany Untouched will not be held liable for any injury, damage, loss, delay or irregularity that may occur due to the behaviour of these third parties. Tuscany Untouched will not accept responsibility or liability for any traveller who contravenes any law or regulation of any country visited. No employee, servant or agent of Tuscany Untouched Pty Ltd has authority to vary these conditions.CONFIRMATION BOOKING FORMAll Tuscany Untouched travellers on group trips must sign a Booking Form. Please note that signing the form is a pre-requisite of travelling with Tuscany Untouched Pty Ltd. The wording of this form follows.“I understand that touring with Tuscany Untouched Pty Ltd may involve risks (and rewards) above and beyond those encountered on a more conventional holiday, and that I am undertaking a physical trip with inherent dangers. I understand that I am travelling to geographical areas where, amongst other things, the standard of accommodation, transport, safety, hygiene, cleanliness, medical facilities, telecommunications and infrastructure development may not be of the standard I am used to at home or would find on a conventional holiday. I have read and understood the Tuscany Untouched tour notes for the trip I am undertaking and have provided details of any pre-existing medical conditions I have to Tuscany Untouched Pty Ltd representatives. I accept these risks and obligations and I fully assume the risks of travel. I release Tuscany Untouched Pty Ltd from any liabilities connected to these risks to the maximum extent permitted by law.”ANIMALS:Our tours are not pet friendly